Citigroup plans to scale back US operations: Report
New York: Financial behemoth Citigroup is planning to scale back its US branch network to six major metropolitan cities, including New York and Washington, and also limit its lending to affluent customers, says a media report.
Attributing to people familiar with the situation, The Wall Street Journal said executives at the New York company plan to narrow the focus of Citigroup`s US branch network to six major metropolitan areas.
The company would also limit its overall consumer lending in the US primarily to credit cards and "jumbo" mortgages, while catering largely to affluent customers, it added.
"At the end of the day, we are not going to have the density of distribution that others have" in the US, the report quoted one Citi executive saying.
According to the publication, bank executives are expected to present details of the plan to Citi board next month. The moves would leave its US banking operations concentrated in New York, Washington, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles, where Citi has a substantial
Citi could abandon or scale back where it is an also-ran, including Boston, Philadelphia and parts of Texas, the report said citing people with knowledge of the discussions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened