Citigroup posts $101 mn Q3 profits; credit loss at $8 bn
New York: Banking behemoth Citigroup has
posted profits of USD 101 million for the third quarter, even
as the partially US government-owned entity saw its credit
losses remain at high levels.
Citi has swung into the black in the latest quarter as
compared to a loss of USD 2.82 billion in the corresponding
period a year ago.
However, the continuing credit losses which stood at USD
8 billion has cast a shadow on the health of the banking major
which has been severely hit by the financial meltdown.
Further, Citi had profits to the tune of USD 4.28 billion in
the second quarter of this year.
In a statement, Citi said third quarter profit stood at
USD 101 million, while shareholders have incurred a loss of 27
cents per share.
"During the third quarter, Citigroup completed its
previously announced exchange offers. This resulted in an USD
851 million after-tax gain, but also in a USD 3.1 billion
reduction in income available to common shareholders,
resulting in an incremental net USD 0.18 loss per share.
Citi`s India-origin Chief Executive Officer Vikram Pandit
said with the completion of the exchange offers and the
"significant actions taken during the last few quarters have
created a strong foundation".
Revenues for the September quarter soared to USD 20.39
billion as compared to USD 16.26 billion in the same period a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview