City`s plan of double swooping of Torres, Gerrard gaining wings?
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has turned his attention to get Liverpool stars Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.
It`s not even a secret within the City hierarchy that they are plotting a 140 million pounds double swoop for both Torres and Gerrard this summer.
City officials are already planning how they can pull off what would be one of the most audacious transfer coups of all time.
The clash between City and Liverpool is more a symbol shift between a waning power beset by internal and financial problems and a club that knows no financial limits.
The pledges of owner Sheikh Mansour are proving to be no mirage and sends out a compelling message to Torres and Gerrard that they may have to re-evaluate their futures in the summer, the paper said.
Last summer, Liverpool rejected an 80 million pounds approach by City for their Spanish striker, but this time around the club simply may not be in a position to refuse such an offer, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress