City`s plan of double swooping of Torres, Gerrard gaining wings?
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has turned his attention to get Liverpool stars Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.
It`s not even a secret within the City hierarchy that they are plotting a 140 million pounds double swoop for both Torres and Gerrard this summer.
City officials are already planning how they can pull off what would be one of the most audacious transfer coups of all time.
The clash between City and Liverpool is more a symbol shift between a waning power beset by internal and financial problems and a club that knows no financial limits.
The pledges of owner Sheikh Mansour are proving to be no mirage and sends out a compelling message to Torres and Gerrard that they may have to re-evaluate their futures in the summer, the paper said.
Last summer, Liverpool rejected an 80 million pounds approach by City for their Spanish striker, but this time around the club simply may not be in a position to refuse such an offer, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family