Clean shoes with banana skins, potatoes: Study
London: Forget shiners. Clean your shoes
with banana skins and potatoes -- that may help you save some
money, a new book has suggested.
According to the book, the slimy inside of banana skin
doubles as a remarkably effective, cheap polish, and then the
leather should then be buffed with a soft cloth -- no doubt an
effective way to save money.
And, should your shoes be badly scuffed, the solution
is to first rub them with half a raw potato before wiping them
clean, the book titled `Make Do and Mend` says.
The book, an updated version of the Second World War
booklet `Make Do and Mend`, also includes more modern advice
to save money such as performing a nightly phone charger check
to make sure they are not needlessly draining electricity.
Other timeless tips include using toothpaste to clean
jewellery and Sellotape to remove bright yellow lily pollen
before it stains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack