Clean shoes with banana skins, potatoes: Study
London: Forget shiners. Clean your shoes
with banana skins and potatoes -- that may help you save some
money, a new book has suggested.
According to the book, the slimy inside of banana skin
doubles as a remarkably effective, cheap polish, and then the
leather should then be buffed with a soft cloth -- no doubt an
effective way to save money.
And, should your shoes be badly scuffed, the solution
is to first rub them with half a raw potato before wiping them
clean, the book titled `Make Do and Mend` says.
The book, an updated version of the Second World War
booklet `Make Do and Mend`, also includes more modern advice
to save money such as performing a nightly phone charger check
to make sure they are not needlessly draining electricity.
Other timeless tips include using toothpaste to clean
jewellery and Sellotape to remove bright yellow lily pollen
before it stains.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai