Clijsters doubtful for French Open
Brussels: World number two Kim Clijsters is a major doubt for the French Open next month after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding.
The Belgian, twice a finalist at Roland Garros, was already facing four weeks out due to a painful shoulder and wrist.
"Kim has injured her ankle. She won`t be able to compete for four to six weeks. Her participation in the French Open is no longer certain," a statement said on her website.
"At the wedding party of her cousin Tim, Kim injured her ankle severely. The consequences are rather dire. Kim`s ankle is now completely immobilised and she can not use her foot for a few days."
The French Open, which starts in six weeks, is already without former world number one and 13-times grand slam champion Serena Williams after she also suffered serious injury off the court last July.
American Williams has been sidelined since cutting her foot on broken glass at a restaurant in Germany. She has had two operations on her foot and recently suffered a pulmonary embolism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy