Clijsters doubtful for French Open
Brussels: World number two Kim Clijsters is a major doubt for the French Open next month after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding.
The Belgian, twice a finalist at Roland Garros, was already facing four weeks out due to a painful shoulder and wrist.
"Kim has injured her ankle. She won`t be able to compete for four to six weeks. Her participation in the French Open is no longer certain," a statement said on her website.
"At the wedding party of her cousin Tim, Kim injured her ankle severely. The consequences are rather dire. Kim`s ankle is now completely immobilised and she can not use her foot for a few days."
The French Open, which starts in six weeks, is already without former world number one and 13-times grand slam champion Serena Williams after she also suffered serious injury off the court last July.
American Williams has been sidelined since cutting her foot on broken glass at a restaurant in Germany. She has had two operations on her foot and recently suffered a pulmonary embolism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what