Clijsters doubtful for French Open
Brussels: World number two Kim Clijsters is a major doubt for the French Open next month after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding.
The Belgian, twice a finalist at Roland Garros, was already facing four weeks out due to a painful shoulder and wrist.
"Kim has injured her ankle. She won`t be able to compete for four to six weeks. Her participation in the French Open is no longer certain," a statement said on her website.
"At the wedding party of her cousin Tim, Kim injured her ankle severely. The consequences are rather dire. Kim`s ankle is now completely immobilised and she can not use her foot for a few days."
The French Open, which starts in six weeks, is already without former world number one and 13-times grand slam champion Serena Williams after she also suffered serious injury off the court last July.
American Williams has been sidelined since cutting her foot on broken glass at a restaurant in Germany. She has had two operations on her foot and recently suffered a pulmonary embolism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?