Clijsters pulls out of Wimbledon with foot injury
Wimbledon: Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a foot injury.
The Belgian, who was seeded No. 2 on Wednesday, said she had to pull out of the grass-court Grand Slam after re-injuring her right foot at the Unicef Open in the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Clijsters says "at this moment I feel frustrated that it has to happen now before one of my favorite tournaments. I`ve always enjoyed being a part of the Wimbledon atmosphere but I have no other choice now but to rest, recover and to not play tennis for a few weeks."
The two-time U.S. Open winner hurt her right ankle in April while dancing barefoot at her cousin`s wedding. She played at the French Open but lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...