Clijsters pulls out of Wimbledon with foot injury
Wimbledon: Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a foot injury.
The Belgian, who was seeded No. 2 on Wednesday, said she had to pull out of the grass-court Grand Slam after re-injuring her right foot at the Unicef Open in the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Clijsters says "at this moment I feel frustrated that it has to happen now before one of my favorite tournaments. I`ve always enjoyed being a part of the Wimbledon atmosphere but I have no other choice now but to rest, recover and to not play tennis for a few weeks."
The two-time U.S. Open winner hurt her right ankle in April while dancing barefoot at her cousin`s wedding. She played at the French Open but lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail