Clijsters pulls out of Wimbledon with foot injury
Wimbledon: Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a foot injury.
The Belgian, who was seeded No. 2 on Wednesday, said she had to pull out of the grass-court Grand Slam after re-injuring her right foot at the Unicef Open in the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Clijsters says "at this moment I feel frustrated that it has to happen now before one of my favorite tournaments. I`ve always enjoyed being a part of the Wimbledon atmosphere but I have no other choice now but to rest, recover and to not play tennis for a few weeks."
The two-time U.S. Open winner hurt her right ankle in April while dancing barefoot at her cousin`s wedding. She played at the French Open but lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off