Clijsters pulls out of Wimbledon with foot injury
Wimbledon: Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a foot injury.
The Belgian, who was seeded No. 2 on Wednesday, said she had to pull out of the grass-court Grand Slam after re-injuring her right foot at the Unicef Open in the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Clijsters says "at this moment I feel frustrated that it has to happen now before one of my favorite tournaments. I`ve always enjoyed being a part of the Wimbledon atmosphere but I have no other choice now but to rest, recover and to not play tennis for a few weeks."
The two-time U.S. Open winner hurt her right ankle in April while dancing barefoot at her cousin`s wedding. She played at the French Open but lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters