Clijsters skips Rome but hopes to make French Open
Brussels: Kim Clijsters is focusing solely on trying to get fit for the French Open starting on May 22 and will not play next week`s Rome international or any tournament before Paris, the Belgian said on her blog.
The world number two is still a doubt for Roland Garros after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding last month.
Clijsters, twice a finalist in Paris, was already struggling with a painful shoulder and wrist.
"I have been able to pick up a tennis racket in my hands for the first time in five weeks," she wrote on www.kimclijsters.be.
"We are taking it day by day. I will not in any case play any tournament in May. We will focus on being ready for Roland Garros. I can only say that we hope everything goes well and that I have trained sufficiently to be in Paris."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf