Clijsters skips Rome but hopes to make French Open
Brussels: Kim Clijsters is focusing solely on trying to get fit for the French Open starting on May 22 and will not play next week`s Rome international or any tournament before Paris, the Belgian said on her blog.
The world number two is still a doubt for Roland Garros after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding last month.
Clijsters, twice a finalist in Paris, was already struggling with a painful shoulder and wrist.
"I have been able to pick up a tennis racket in my hands for the first time in five weeks," she wrote on www.kimclijsters.be.
"We are taking it day by day. I will not in any case play any tournament in May. We will focus on being ready for Roland Garros. I can only say that we hope everything goes well and that I have trained sufficiently to be in Paris."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?