Clijsters skips Rome but hopes to make French Open
Brussels: Kim Clijsters is focusing solely on trying to get fit for the French Open starting on May 22 and will not play next week`s Rome international or any tournament before Paris, the Belgian said on her blog.
The world number two is still a doubt for Roland Garros after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding last month.
Clijsters, twice a finalist in Paris, was already struggling with a painful shoulder and wrist.
"I have been able to pick up a tennis racket in my hands for the first time in five weeks," she wrote on www.kimclijsters.be.
"We are taking it day by day. I will not in any case play any tournament in May. We will focus on being ready for Roland Garros. I can only say that we hope everything goes well and that I have trained sufficiently to be in Paris."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed