Clijsters skips Rome but hopes to make French Open
Brussels: Kim Clijsters is focusing solely on trying to get fit for the French Open starting on May 22 and will not play next week`s Rome international or any tournament before Paris, the Belgian said on her blog.
The world number two is still a doubt for Roland Garros after injuring her ankle at her cousin`s wedding last month.
Clijsters, twice a finalist in Paris, was already struggling with a painful shoulder and wrist.
"I have been able to pick up a tennis racket in my hands for the first time in five weeks," she wrote on www.kimclijsters.be.
"We are taking it day by day. I will not in any case play any tournament in May. We will focus on being ready for Roland Garros. I can only say that we hope everything goes well and that I have trained sufficiently to be in Paris."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement