Club in match-fix probe out of Champions League
Istanbul: Turkish champion Fenerbahce has been removed from the Champions League because of an ongoing match-fixing investigation.
Turkey`s Football Federation says it has withdrawn Fenerbahce after meetings on Wednesday.
Fenerbahce`s removal comes 24 hours before it was to take its place among 32 elite European clubs in the group stage draw being conducted in Monaco.
It is unclear how UEFA will choose a team to replace Fenerbahce, which is suspected of fixing matches to win the title last season.
Runner-up Trabzonspor was eliminated in the Champions League qualifying rounds but has also been implicated in the match-fixing probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi