CM Sheila announces Rs 10 lakh for development of archery sports
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday announced a financial grant of Rs 10 lakh to Delhi Archery Association to further enhance infrastructure for budding archers in the city.
Dikshit announced the assistance after inaugurating the 33rd Junior National Archery Championship being held at the Yamuna Sports Complex here.
Nearly 220 junior archers from 22 states are participating in the event.
President of Archery Association of India V K Malhotra thanked Delhi government, DDA, Union Sports Ministry for their support in organising the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video