Coca Cola`s secret recipe `exposed`
London: The ingredients of Coca Cola have always been a mystery. Now, a website claims to have uncovered the soft drink`s top secret recipe which is said to be guarded 24 hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.
`Thisamericanlife.org` claims to have discovered a list in a photograph in a newspaper article giving the secret ingredients and exact quantities to make the drink which was founded by John Pemberton, a medicinal pharmacist in 1886.
The February 8, 1979, edition of the `Atlanta Journal- Constitution` has a photo of someone holding open a book with a recipe claimed to be an exact replica of Pemberton`s, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
The recipe reportedly contains the exact measures of all the different oils needed for Coca Cola`s secret ingredient, Merchandise 7X. Despite making up only one percent of the drink`s total formula, Merchandise 7X is though to give the popular soft drink its unique taste.
The secret recipe includes fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP; citric acid 3 oz; caffeine 1oz; sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required); water 2.5 gal; lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt; vanilla 1oz; and caramel 1.5oz or more to colour 7X flavour.
The recipe also includes alcohol 8oz; orange oil 20 drops; lemon oil 30 drops; nutmeg oil 10 drops; coriander 5 drops; neroli 10 drops; and cinnamon 10 drops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family