Coffer dam of Alaknanda hydropower project collapses
Dehra Dun: An under-construction coffer-dam
of a hydropower project, being built near Srinagar town of
Uttarakhand, on Monday collapsed due to sudden rise in the water
level of the Alaknanda river, a senior official said.
The water level of the river rose following heavy rains
that led to the collapse of the coffer-dam of the Alaknanda
Hydropower Project, Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Srinagar
Manmohan Singh said.
No loss of life or property have been reported, he said,
adding the water level of the river has now started reducing.
The 330 MW project is being built at a cost of Rs 2,100
crore and is expected to be commissioned next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!