Coffer dam of Alaknanda hydropower project collapses
Dehra Dun: An under-construction coffer-dam
of a hydropower project, being built near Srinagar town of
Uttarakhand, on Monday collapsed due to sudden rise in the water
level of the Alaknanda river, a senior official said.
The water level of the river rose following heavy rains
that led to the collapse of the coffer-dam of the Alaknanda
Hydropower Project, Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Srinagar
Manmohan Singh said.
No loss of life or property have been reported, he said,
adding the water level of the river has now started reducing.
The 330 MW project is being built at a cost of Rs 2,100
crore and is expected to be commissioned next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy