Coffer dam of Alaknanda hydropower project collapses
Dehra Dun: An under-construction coffer-dam
of a hydropower project, being built near Srinagar town of
Uttarakhand, on Monday collapsed due to sudden rise in the water
level of the Alaknanda river, a senior official said.
The water level of the river rose following heavy rains
that led to the collapse of the coffer-dam of the Alaknanda
Hydropower Project, Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Srinagar
Manmohan Singh said.
No loss of life or property have been reported, he said,
adding the water level of the river has now started reducing.
The 330 MW project is being built at a cost of Rs 2,100
crore and is expected to be commissioned next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal