Colaco and Dempo players to stay back in London
New Delhi: India coach Armando Colaco has made an unusual request to the All India Football Federation (AIFF), seeking permission for him and the entire group of players from Dempo Club of which he is the coach to stay back for a day in London to watch the English Premier League (EPL) match between Manchester United and Arsenal.
Colaco along with five of the nine Dempo players in the Indian squad will stay back in London Sunday, to watch the match while the rest of the squad will return home Sunday night. The five players are Samir Naik, Valeriano Rebello, Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence and Debabrata Roy.
"The coach made a request for watching the EPL match and his request has been accepted on the condition that they would bear the expenses for extending their stay," Das said.
The Indian team is on a stop-over in London on their way back home from the Caribbean after playing two friendly matches in Trinidad and Guyana. The first match in Barbados was cancelled over shoddy treatment meted out to the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cristiano Ronaldo might win the Ballon d'Or but Lionel Messi is the best: Luis Suarez
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor