Colaco and Dempo players to stay back in London
New Delhi: India coach Armando Colaco has made an unusual request to the All India Football Federation (AIFF), seeking permission for him and the entire group of players from Dempo Club of which he is the coach to stay back for a day in London to watch the English Premier League (EPL) match between Manchester United and Arsenal.
Colaco along with five of the nine Dempo players in the Indian squad will stay back in London Sunday, to watch the match while the rest of the squad will return home Sunday night. The five players are Samir Naik, Valeriano Rebello, Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence and Debabrata Roy.
"The coach made a request for watching the EPL match and his request has been accepted on the condition that they would bear the expenses for extending their stay," Das said.
The Indian team is on a stop-over in London on their way back home from the Caribbean after playing two friendly matches in Trinidad and Guyana. The first match in Barbados was cancelled over shoddy treatment meted out to the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter