Colaco and Dempo players to stay back in London
New Delhi: India coach Armando Colaco has made an unusual request to the All India Football Federation (AIFF), seeking permission for him and the entire group of players from Dempo Club of which he is the coach to stay back for a day in London to watch the English Premier League (EPL) match between Manchester United and Arsenal.
Colaco along with five of the nine Dempo players in the Indian squad will stay back in London Sunday, to watch the match while the rest of the squad will return home Sunday night. The five players are Samir Naik, Valeriano Rebello, Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence and Debabrata Roy.
"The coach made a request for watching the EPL match and his request has been accepted on the condition that they would bear the expenses for extending their stay," Das said.
The Indian team is on a stop-over in London on their way back home from the Caribbean after playing two friendly matches in Trinidad and Guyana. The first match in Barbados was cancelled over shoddy treatment meted out to the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday