Colaco and Dempo players to stay back in London
New Delhi: India coach Armando Colaco has made an unusual request to the All India Football Federation (AIFF), seeking permission for him and the entire group of players from Dempo Club of which he is the coach to stay back for a day in London to watch the English Premier League (EPL) match between Manchester United and Arsenal.
Colaco along with five of the nine Dempo players in the Indian squad will stay back in London Sunday, to watch the match while the rest of the squad will return home Sunday night. The five players are Samir Naik, Valeriano Rebello, Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence and Debabrata Roy.
"The coach made a request for watching the EPL match and his request has been accepted on the condition that they would bear the expenses for extending their stay," Das said.
The Indian team is on a stop-over in London on their way back home from the Caribbean after playing two friendly matches in Trinidad and Guyana. The first match in Barbados was cancelled over shoddy treatment meted out to the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof