Colaco to mediate between Bhutia and Mohun Bagan
New Delhi: Following refusal of a member of
the AIFF Players Status Committee to give his opinion on the row between Bhaichung Bhutia and Mohun Bagan, the national federation today entrusted outgoing general secretary Alberto
Colaco to resolve the issue.
The AIFF emergency committee -- consisting of the five
vice-presidents, the treasurer and Colaco -- today took up the
matter in its crucial meeting here.
PSC member from Bengal, Debashish Banerjee had refused to
give his opinion without seeing the contract of Bhutia with
Mohun Bagan and also demanded to see the showcause notice and
suspension order of the Sikkimese striker before forming an
"We have asked Colaco to intervene in the matter and find
a solution by sitting together with Bhutia and Mohun Bagan,"
senior vice-president and acting president Praful Patel told
reporters after the meeting.
"After all he (Bhutia) is the captain of the national
team and he is the icon player of the country. It was
unfortunate, this matter should not have come out in public,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times