Colaco to mediate between Bhutia and Mohun Bagan
New Delhi: Following refusal of a member of
the AIFF Players Status Committee to give his opinion on the row between Bhaichung Bhutia and Mohun Bagan, the national federation today entrusted outgoing general secretary Alberto
Colaco to resolve the issue.
The AIFF emergency committee -- consisting of the five
vice-presidents, the treasurer and Colaco -- today took up the
matter in its crucial meeting here.
PSC member from Bengal, Debashish Banerjee had refused to
give his opinion without seeing the contract of Bhutia with
Mohun Bagan and also demanded to see the showcause notice and
suspension order of the Sikkimese striker before forming an
"We have asked Colaco to intervene in the matter and find
a solution by sitting together with Bhutia and Mohun Bagan,"
senior vice-president and acting president Praful Patel told
reporters after the meeting.
"After all he (Bhutia) is the captain of the national
team and he is the icon player of the country. It was
unfortunate, this matter should not have come out in public,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!