Cole gives boost to Capello, tells pals will be fit for World Cup
London: Injured Chelsea star Ashley Cole has given a massive boost to England coach Fabio Capello`s World Cup plans by telling his friends he is "absolutely confident" of making the plane to South Africa.
Cole believes he could be training again within 10 weeks after the operation to repair his fractured left ankle.
A source close to Cole said: "Ash is incredibly optimistic about being fit in time for the World Cup.
He told the News of The World that: "He was very down for a day because England and the World Cup mean everything to him. But the operation went very well and the prognosis was more positive than negative, which is good news for him. The fact is Ashley is naturally very fit and has shown in the past he recovers quickly from injuries.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO