Cole gives boost to Capello, tells pals will be fit for World Cup
London: Injured Chelsea star Ashley Cole has given a massive boost to England coach Fabio Capello`s World Cup plans by telling his friends he is "absolutely confident" of making the plane to South Africa.
Cole believes he could be training again within 10 weeks after the operation to repair his fractured left ankle.
A source close to Cole said: "Ash is incredibly optimistic about being fit in time for the World Cup.
He told the News of The World that: "He was very down for a day because England and the World Cup mean everything to him. But the operation went very well and the prognosis was more positive than negative, which is good news for him. The fact is Ashley is naturally very fit and has shown in the past he recovers quickly from injuries.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon