Coming soon: Wireless nappies and 3G slippers!
London: Mobile phone companies are coming up with more and more weird ideas to lure customers- with the latest being the development of 3G slippers and wireless nappies.
Rather than selling more phones, mobile firms are now looking to squeeze more revenue from the customers and networks they have already established.
Engineers are developing ‘SmartSlippers’ with a tracking chip in them that will notify your relatives when you fall.
“Think of what can be gathered just off your feet,” the Daily Mail quoted David Schieffelin, chief executive of manufacturers 24eight, as telling the Wall Street Journal.
“Why shouldn``t something as innocuous as a data device be placed into fuzzy slippers?” Schieffelin added.
Researchers are also working on wireless nappies that will send parents a text message when their child needs attention.
“A parent can remotely monitor a care centre and get "diaper wet" messages when they are at work,” added Schieffelin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical