Coming soon: Wireless nappies and 3G slippers!
London: Mobile phone companies are coming up with more and more weird ideas to lure customers- with the latest being the development of 3G slippers and wireless nappies.
Rather than selling more phones, mobile firms are now looking to squeeze more revenue from the customers and networks they have already established.
Engineers are developing ‘SmartSlippers’ with a tracking chip in them that will notify your relatives when you fall.
“Think of what can be gathered just off your feet,” the Daily Mail quoted David Schieffelin, chief executive of manufacturers 24eight, as telling the Wall Street Journal.
“Why shouldn``t something as innocuous as a data device be placed into fuzzy slippers?” Schieffelin added.
Researchers are also working on wireless nappies that will send parents a text message when their child needs attention.
“A parent can remotely monitor a care centre and get "diaper wet" messages when they are at work,” added Schieffelin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read