Commonwealth Games delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also the Delhi Government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth Games Federation President Michael Fennell and other members of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala