Commonwealth Games delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also the Delhi Government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth Games Federation President Michael Fennell and other members of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming