Complete mammoth skeleton found
Hobbs (Mexico): Archaeologists in New Mexico have discovered what they believe is a complete mammoth skeleton.
The New Mexico Natural History Museum Foundation will hold a special event at the Western Heritage Museum next week during which Executive Director Calvin Smith will announce the historic find.
He tells the Hobbs News-Sun that it`s major discovery. So far, amateur archaeologists have unearthed a femur, tibia, fibula and a carpal.
Smith has found the remains of five mammoths in Lea County, but this could be the first complete skeleton.
He hopes the fossils turn out to be a major draw for the Western Heritage Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras