Complete mammoth skeleton found
Hobbs (Mexico): Archaeologists in New Mexico have discovered what they believe is a complete mammoth skeleton.
The New Mexico Natural History Museum Foundation will hold a special event at the Western Heritage Museum next week during which Executive Director Calvin Smith will announce the historic find.
He tells the Hobbs News-Sun that it`s major discovery. So far, amateur archaeologists have unearthed a femur, tibia, fibula and a carpal.
Smith has found the remains of five mammoths in Lea County, but this could be the first complete skeleton.
He hopes the fossils turn out to be a major draw for the Western Heritage Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog