Complete mammoth skeleton found
Hobbs (Mexico): Archaeologists in New Mexico have discovered what they believe is a complete mammoth skeleton.
The New Mexico Natural History Museum Foundation will hold a special event at the Western Heritage Museum next week during which Executive Director Calvin Smith will announce the historic find.
He tells the Hobbs News-Sun that it`s major discovery. So far, amateur archaeologists have unearthed a femur, tibia, fibula and a carpal.
Smith has found the remains of five mammoths in Lea County, but this could be the first complete skeleton.
He hopes the fossils turn out to be a major draw for the Western Heritage Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez