Complete mammoth skeleton found
Hobbs (Mexico): Archaeologists in New Mexico have discovered what they believe is a complete mammoth skeleton.
The New Mexico Natural History Museum Foundation will hold a special event at the Western Heritage Museum next week during which Executive Director Calvin Smith will announce the historic find.
He tells the Hobbs News-Sun that it`s major discovery. So far, amateur archaeologists have unearthed a femur, tibia, fibula and a carpal.
Smith has found the remains of five mammoths in Lea County, but this could be the first complete skeleton.
He hopes the fossils turn out to be a major draw for the Western Heritage Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000