Complete mammoth skeleton found
Hobbs (Mexico): Archaeologists in New Mexico have discovered what they believe is a complete mammoth skeleton.
The New Mexico Natural History Museum Foundation will hold a special event at the Western Heritage Museum next week during which Executive Director Calvin Smith will announce the historic find.
He tells the Hobbs News-Sun that it`s major discovery. So far, amateur archaeologists have unearthed a femur, tibia, fibula and a carpal.
Smith has found the remains of five mammoths in Lea County, but this could be the first complete skeleton.
He hopes the fossils turn out to be a major draw for the Western Heritage Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look