Conflicts within HI ruined Indian hockey: Sher Khan
Jalandhar: Olympian and former chairman of
the ad-hoc slection committee Aslam Sher Khan today said
differences within Hockey India has destroyed the national
game and was also a reason behind the team`s unimpressive
performance during the World Cup.
He also asked the Sports Ministry to intervene and enact
a law to fix the announctability of HI office-bearers.
"Prevailing conflicts in Hockey India has virtually
ruined the game and was one of the main reason for the team`s
debacle in the World Cup," Sher Khan told reporters here.
"The Sports Ministry should ensure that experts of the
game must have a significant say in the selection of players
and other policy decisions regarding the game," he said.
"Earlier, it was said that there was not much money with
the Hockey India and only politicians and bureaucrats could
fetch sponsors for the game. But now the situation has changed
and sponsors have also shown tremendous support to the game,"
Fearing that the forthcoming Hockey India elections
would not be "free and fair", Sher Khan demanded adequate
representation of former players in the respective state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley