Cong, BJP both responsible for scams: Maya
Lakhimpur: Smarting under repeated
attacks from her opponents, Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday targeted both Congress and BJP on the issues of corruption and
black money, saying both were "equally responsible" for these.
At an election meeting here, she cautioned the people that
if they voted SP to power, "goons and mafia will rule the
roost" and the state will be pushed to "jungle raj".
"If you vote Congress to power it will push Uttar Pradesh
to more poverty and unemployment by bringing in foreign
companies in the name of FDI.
"And, if BJP is voted to power, communal and feudal forces
will pose a serious threat to religious minorities," she
The BSP supremo attacked entire opposition in general and
appealed to voters not to get lured by "false promises" of
She said BSP was the only party which believed in work and
not in giving assurances as other parties did.
"This is why BSP, unlike others, never issues any poll
manifesto to woo voters," she said.
Attacking Congress, Mayawati held UPA government
responsible for the poor economic condition of her state.
"To improve the financial health of the state, the BSP
government demanded a financial package of Rs 80,000 crore
from the UPA government, but due to political animosity, the
package was denied," she alleged.
On the reservation issue, she alleged that the NDA
government "connived" to scrap quota for Dalits and religious
minorities but owing to BSP`s stiff opposition, it did not
"Now, the Congress-led UPA government intends to include
other castes in the 27 per cent reservation list for OBCs
without extending the reservation limit," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly