Cong, BJP both responsible for scams: Maya
Lakhimpur: Smarting under repeated
attacks from her opponents, Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday targeted both Congress and BJP on the issues of corruption and
black money, saying both were "equally responsible" for these.
At an election meeting here, she cautioned the people that
if they voted SP to power, "goons and mafia will rule the
roost" and the state will be pushed to "jungle raj".
"If you vote Congress to power it will push Uttar Pradesh
to more poverty and unemployment by bringing in foreign
companies in the name of FDI.
"And, if BJP is voted to power, communal and feudal forces
will pose a serious threat to religious minorities," she
The BSP supremo attacked entire opposition in general and
appealed to voters not to get lured by "false promises" of
She said BSP was the only party which believed in work and
not in giving assurances as other parties did.
"This is why BSP, unlike others, never issues any poll
manifesto to woo voters," she said.
Attacking Congress, Mayawati held UPA government
responsible for the poor economic condition of her state.
"To improve the financial health of the state, the BSP
government demanded a financial package of Rs 80,000 crore
from the UPA government, but due to political animosity, the
package was denied," she alleged.
On the reservation issue, she alleged that the NDA
government "connived" to scrap quota for Dalits and religious
minorities but owing to BSP`s stiff opposition, it did not
"Now, the Congress-led UPA government intends to include
other castes in the 27 per cent reservation list for OBCs
without extending the reservation limit," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon