Cong, BJP both responsible for scams: Maya
Lakhimpur: Smarting under repeated
attacks from her opponents, Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday targeted both Congress and BJP on the issues of corruption and
black money, saying both were "equally responsible" for these.
At an election meeting here, she cautioned the people that
if they voted SP to power, "goons and mafia will rule the
roost" and the state will be pushed to "jungle raj".
"If you vote Congress to power it will push Uttar Pradesh
to more poverty and unemployment by bringing in foreign
companies in the name of FDI.
"And, if BJP is voted to power, communal and feudal forces
will pose a serious threat to religious minorities," she
The BSP supremo attacked entire opposition in general and
appealed to voters not to get lured by "false promises" of
She said BSP was the only party which believed in work and
not in giving assurances as other parties did.
"This is why BSP, unlike others, never issues any poll
manifesto to woo voters," she said.
Attacking Congress, Mayawati held UPA government
responsible for the poor economic condition of her state.
"To improve the financial health of the state, the BSP
government demanded a financial package of Rs 80,000 crore
from the UPA government, but due to political animosity, the
package was denied," she alleged.
On the reservation issue, she alleged that the NDA
government "connived" to scrap quota for Dalits and religious
minorities but owing to BSP`s stiff opposition, it did not
"Now, the Congress-led UPA government intends to include
other castes in the 27 per cent reservation list for OBCs
without extending the reservation limit," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know