Cong confident of winning over 100 seats: MPCC Chief
Nagpur: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Sunday expressed confidence that Congress
led DF government will retain power in the October 13 assembly
elections in the state.
"Congress will gain more than 100 seats despite rebellion
and emergence of third front and the Congress-NCP-RPI (G)
alliance will form the government", MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre
told a press conference here today.
He said the opposition parties particularly BJP, Shiv Sena
and MNS were indulging in infighting. While Sena vs MNS was a
fight within the family, the BJP leaders were busy
consolidating their support to pro and anti Barrister Jinnah
Thakre said Congress was banking on pro people and pro
farmer policies. The historic decision of loan waiver scheme
worth Rs 71,000 crore has certainly brought major relief to
the farming community and would benefit Congress alliance in a
Besides central package, the State government also
extended financial package to farmers which no other BJP ruled
state has done, he claimed.
Talking about party manifesto, Thakre said the Congress
alliance if voted to power will provide 25 kg grains at Rs 3
per kg to poor people and make state free from power crisis by
year 2012. The party also would introduce health card for poor
under which major diseases will be treated free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum