Cong-DMK combine`s poor showing due to poor governance: BJP
Puducherry: BJP on Saturday attributed the dismal
performance of the Congress-DMK alliance in the Puducherry
Assembly polls to the `poor governance` of the Vaithilingam
Party`s local unit president S P K Damodar said in a releas
that people had voted against the Congress led alliance as the
outgoing ministry had failed to control prices.
He alleged that serious corrupt practices in all sectors,
intervention of political bigwigs in implementation of
welfare programmes, failure to tone up three major government
owned textile mills and total neglect of rural development had
resulted in the defeat of the Congress led alliance.
He welcomed the verdict in favour of All India NR
Congress-AIADMK combine in the polls, saying the people
oriented policies of AINRC head N Rangasamy had enabled him
stage a comeback.
AINRC secured 15 of the 17 seats it contested and its ally
the AIADMK emerged victorious in five of 10 seats.
BJP contested on its own in 20 constituencies and drew a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!