Cong-DMK combine`s poor showing due to poor governance: BJP
Puducherry: BJP on Saturday attributed the dismal
performance of the Congress-DMK alliance in the Puducherry
Assembly polls to the `poor governance` of the Vaithilingam
Party`s local unit president S P K Damodar said in a releas
that people had voted against the Congress led alliance as the
outgoing ministry had failed to control prices.
He alleged that serious corrupt practices in all sectors,
intervention of political bigwigs in implementation of
welfare programmes, failure to tone up three major government
owned textile mills and total neglect of rural development had
resulted in the defeat of the Congress led alliance.
He welcomed the verdict in favour of All India NR
Congress-AIADMK combine in the polls, saying the people
oriented policies of AINRC head N Rangasamy had enabled him
stage a comeback.
AINRC secured 15 of the 17 seats it contested and its ally
the AIADMK emerged victorious in five of 10 seats.
BJP contested on its own in 20 constituencies and drew a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter