Cong draws ire as it works for development: Rahul
Ghaziabad: Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said Congress was the butt of attack of all political parties as it worked for social development and not "family development" at the
cost of poverty and starvation of the people.
Addressing public meetings here, Rahul said he was not very much worried for the formation of Congress government in Uttar Pradesh but was concerned over the need of development in the state.
The Congress leader said he had seen the plight of the poor with his own eyes and knew how they starve in their huts.
He also said that farmers were committing suicide and accused the Mayawati government of ignoring them.
Rahul said the only "accountable development" of Mayawati regime was setting up of the chief minister`s statues and those of BSP symbol - elephant.
He charged the BSP government in the state with misusing thousand crores of rupees given by the Centre for all round development of the state and referred to the scams in NRHM and MGNREGA schemes in the state.
Rahul, who was accompanied by Union ministers Rajiv Shukla, Sachin Pilot and other young leaders, said 20 years is no small time for development of a state. "But all the chief
ministers of non-Congress parties have ruined the state and looted money."
Rahul said the Congress would change the situation in UP in the next five years and would not rest till his mission was accomplished.
At Jewar, Rahul said, "BJP, SP and BSP governments have
ruined the state. The state which once used to be a model was
now a neglected one. If Congress comes to power in 10 years
Uttar Pradesh will be turned into developed state. In five
years people will see the impact."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price