Cong draws ire as it works for development: Rahul
Ghaziabad: Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said Congress was the butt of attack of all political parties as it worked for social development and not "family development" at the
cost of poverty and starvation of the people.
Addressing public meetings here, Rahul said he was not very much worried for the formation of Congress government in Uttar Pradesh but was concerned over the need of development in the state.
The Congress leader said he had seen the plight of the poor with his own eyes and knew how they starve in their huts.
He also said that farmers were committing suicide and accused the Mayawati government of ignoring them.
Rahul said the only "accountable development" of Mayawati regime was setting up of the chief minister`s statues and those of BSP symbol - elephant.
He charged the BSP government in the state with misusing thousand crores of rupees given by the Centre for all round development of the state and referred to the scams in NRHM and MGNREGA schemes in the state.
Rahul, who was accompanied by Union ministers Rajiv Shukla, Sachin Pilot and other young leaders, said 20 years is no small time for development of a state. "But all the chief
ministers of non-Congress parties have ruined the state and looted money."
Rahul said the Congress would change the situation in UP in the next five years and would not rest till his mission was accomplished.
At Jewar, Rahul said, "BJP, SP and BSP governments have
ruined the state. The state which once used to be a model was
now a neglected one. If Congress comes to power in 10 years
Uttar Pradesh will be turned into developed state. In five
years people will see the impact."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands