Cong has failed in Gujarat both in govt and opposition: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday said, Congress had not only failed when it was in power in the state, but also in the opposition.
"...The Congress has also failed as an opposition, due to which they will be defeated in the upcoming elections," Modi said, addressing rallies at Rajpipla and Dhundka.
The role of opposition is important, but there should be no place for negativity in politics. Yet, for the last 12 years, Congress has done only one thing - to use all sorts of abusive terms from the dictionary for Modi," he said.
People of Gujarat would never accept the "negative" politics of Congress, he stated.
"How can those, who cannot even win the trust of their workers, would win the trust of the people of Gujarat?" he said, in a dig at dissidence within Congress.
As to Congress leader Ahmed Patel`s assertion that he (Ahmed) was not interested in becoming Gujarat Chief Minister, Modi asked what was the need to say this, and what was the need to come to Gujarat to say this.
"What it means is Congress and all those who have entered the field to make the Congress win, want to make Ahmed Patel the CM, but Congress does not have the courage to tell this to people," Modi said.
Modi had earlier said that Congress should declare that Patel, who is political secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, was its candidate for CM`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video