Cong holds CPI(M) responsible for violence in Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Congress on Saturday accused
CPI(M) of being responsible for lawlessness in the state and
ridiculed it for questioning the Governor`s neutrality on his
remarks over political violence after the Lok Sabha polls.
"The CPI(M), which has been primarily responsible for
the lawlessness has been exposed by its own ridiculous
statement. The state is witnessing a bloodbath and the
Governor has taken a right and timely step in urging all
political parties to end violence," CLP leader Manas Bhuniya said.
Bhuniya, a WBPCC vice-president who was chased and
thrashed along with eight of his party MLAs on July 15
allegedly by CPI(M) activists at Mangalkot in Burdwan
district, said despite the Left party`s claims, violence was
taking place against Congress and Trinamool Congress workers
and supporters in the state.
"Instead of criticising the statement of the Governor,
the CPI(M) should restrain its cadres. It is also the duty of
the state government to act," he said.
The Left Front had yesterday questioned Governor
Gopalkrishna Gandhi`s neutrality on his statement and said
violence was being targeted against CPI(M) members in
particular and the Left Front in general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened