Cong-NCP indulging in `political terrorism` in Maha: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday submitted a memorandum
to the Election Commission of India alleging that the ruling
coalition of Congress and NCP in Maharashtra was indulging in
"political terrorism, which was visible from the murderous
attack on its party workers in Sholapur".
"On 26 September 2009 evening, BJP candidate and workers
were attacked by the Congress goons at Shegaon in Akkalkot
assembly constituency in Sholapur district..
"The FIR clearly named 29 Congress activists. No 1 is
Siddharam Mhetre, Maharashtra minister and Akkalkot Congress
candidate," BJP said in the memorandum submitted by its
delegates to the poll panel.
A BJP worker, Bhimanna Kore, was killed in the violence
The delegation was led by BJP Deputy Leader in the Lok
Sabha, Sushma Swaraj. She was accompanied by senior party
leaders Prakash Javadekar and Kirit Sommaiya.
"BJP feels Congress has been successful in creating an
atmosphere of political terrorism," the opposition party said.
BJP has requested the EC should visit Akkalkot and file a
report, appoint a high-level officer as Special Observer for
the constituency, instruct local police to act against the
culprits, depute para-military force there.
The BJP candidate should be given protection and the
Maharashtra DGP should be asked to explain the reasons for
the delay in taking action, the memorandum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi