Cong to take decision on alliance with NCP soon: Thakre
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre Friday said the party high command is expected to take a final call on the issue of continuing alliance with NCP anytime soon.
Thakre, who was in Delhi along with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, told PTI that they had held detailed discussions with Defence Minister A K Antony, who is the AICC in charge of the party affairs in the state, on the prevailing political situation in Maharashtra.
"Antony also held extensive deliberations with all the four AICC observers who had been given charge of 12 Lok Sabha constituencies each. The observers have submitted their reports to Antony. Contents of the reports are not different from what the state unit has prepared," he said.
The AICC team is expected to submit the compiled reports to party president Sonia Gandhi in a day or two and a decision on alliance would be taken soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened