Cong to take decision on alliance with NCP soon: Thakre
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre Friday said the party high command is expected to take a final call on the issue of continuing alliance with NCP anytime soon.
Thakre, who was in Delhi along with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, told PTI that they had held detailed discussions with Defence Minister A K Antony, who is the AICC in charge of the party affairs in the state, on the prevailing political situation in Maharashtra.
"Antony also held extensive deliberations with all the four AICC observers who had been given charge of 12 Lok Sabha constituencies each. The observers have submitted their reports to Antony. Contents of the reports are not different from what the state unit has prepared," he said.
The AICC team is expected to submit the compiled reports to party president Sonia Gandhi in a day or two and a decision on alliance would be taken soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown