Cong to take decision on alliance with NCP soon: Thakre
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre Friday said the party high command is expected to take a final call on the issue of continuing alliance with NCP anytime soon.
Thakre, who was in Delhi along with Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, told PTI that they had held detailed discussions with Defence Minister A K Antony, who is the AICC in charge of the party affairs in the state, on the prevailing political situation in Maharashtra.
"Antony also held extensive deliberations with all the four AICC observers who had been given charge of 12 Lok Sabha constituencies each. The observers have submitted their reports to Antony. Contents of the reports are not different from what the state unit has prepared," he said.
The AICC team is expected to submit the compiled reports to party president Sonia Gandhi in a day or two and a decision on alliance would be taken soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31