Cong would get at least 100 seats in UP: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh today said that he did not believe the exit polls`
prediction that his party would win less than 40 seats in the
Uttar Pradesh Assembly election.
"We all know that exit polls have gone wrong in the past,
and this will happen now again," he said, talking to PTI here.
Asked how many seats he expected Congress to win, Singh
said: "At least one hundred."
He added that exit polls could go wrong because of a
number of factors, including the fact that they are based on
responses of very few.
"In a state where crores of people cast their vote, you
cannot make any assessment simply by talking to a few thousand
persons," the Congress General Secretary said.
Asked what he thought of the exit polls` prediction that
Samajwadi Party could even get an absolute majority on its
own, Singh said, "Impossible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued