Congress candidate booked for violating model code
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered
against a Congress candidate in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly
polls for alleged violation of model code of conduct in Shamli
area in Prabudhnagar district, police said today.
Pankaj Malik, who is contesting from Shamli constituency,
has been charged with alluring 40 rickshaw pullers by
providing them Rs 500 each for poll campaigning in the area
yesterday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!
- Do you know how many ultra-high networth individuals India has? Make a guess
- Watch: When lightening struck iconic Empire State building in USA