Congress claims to win 110 seats in Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad, Dec 16: Opposition Congress claimed it will snatch power from the BJP by winning about 110 seats in the 182-seat assembly.
"After finishing campaign in towns, villages and streets of Gujarat, we feel that Congress will get about 110 seats in the elections", Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee President (GPCC) Bharatsinh Solanki said.
"During the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, BJP-led NDA government had run a high-profile, feel-good, India Shining campaign. People had voted against BJP then and will once again vote in a similar fashion (against BJP)", Leader of the Opposition in state assembly Arjun Modhvadiya said.
Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dinsha Patel, who is taking on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from Maninagar constituency here, in tomorrow's polls said "I will win from Maninagar", he said.
Patel said while Modi has hardly campaigned in this constituency, he has managed to reach about 80 percent of people living in Maninagar.
"Not only Patels but people from all sections of society will vote for me", he claimed and pointed out that there were about 42,000 patels living in Maninagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents