Congress cries foul over Narendra Modi’s victory sign
Ahmedabad: Congress party has complained to the Election Commission over the flashing of victory sign by Narendra Modi just after casting his vote on Monday.
In its complaint, the Congress also accused the Gujarat Chief Minister of addressing his supporters after coming out Nishan High School in Ranip locality.
"I thank all the voters. In this election, people of Gujarat will make a hat-trick by giving a third term to us. People of the state will once again vote BJP to power. The sentiment of people here is giving a clear indication of that," Modi told reporters.
He also termed the 2012 Gujarat Assembly elections as a "historic" one as it has been contested on the issues of good governance.
Modi, who is contesting from Maninagar Assembly constituency, is locked in a direct contest with Congress candidate Shweta Bhatt, wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, a new entrant testing political waters for the first time.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant