Congress fields tainted for BSP minister
Lucknow: In a surprise move, Congress fielded
tainted former BSP minister Anis Ahmed Khan alias Phool Babu
as the party candidate from Bisalpur Assembly seat in Pilibhit
The party changed its earlier announced candidate Dev
Swarup Patel from the seat and yesterday decided on fielding
Phool Babu from the seat, Congress sources here said.
To questions, they said that they are not aware of the
developments and the decision has been taken at the top level.
No formal announcement has also been made in this regard,
Khan was sacked by Chief Minister Mayawati following
reports of misuse of his MLA fund. He was also denied a ticket
Khan was the minorities welfare minister. Polling on the
seat is scheduled for March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal