Congress fields tainted for BSP minister
Lucknow: In a surprise move, Congress fielded
tainted former BSP minister Anis Ahmed Khan alias Phool Babu
as the party candidate from Bisalpur Assembly seat in Pilibhit
The party changed its earlier announced candidate Dev
Swarup Patel from the seat and yesterday decided on fielding
Phool Babu from the seat, Congress sources here said.
To questions, they said that they are not aware of the
developments and the decision has been taken at the top level.
No formal announcement has also been made in this regard,
Khan was sacked by Chief Minister Mayawati following
reports of misuse of his MLA fund. He was also denied a ticket
Khan was the minorities welfare minister. Polling on the
seat is scheduled for March 3.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!