Congress, NCP releases poll manifesto in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party combine released its manifesto for the October 13 Assembly Elections in Maharashtra on Friday.
Releasing the manifesto, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said, "The manifesto promises to make Mumbai an international financial capital in five years. It also promises to construct a million subsidized homes for the poor.
"For the families in the category of Below Poverty Line (BPL), the two parties would provide special health cards to enable them to avail of medical benefits. They would also get food grains at rupees three per kilogram for up to 25 kilogram per month," he added.
"Giving good health care, good education, especially for women of the state, the girls who would like to go to good schools and colleges, strengthening the women and the girls in this state is an important programme that we have undertaken. Strengthening the police force and security agencies is one of the highlights, giving food grains at subsidised prices and controlling the inflation, if at all in these five essential commodities, are some of the few issues which we have taken in the manifesto," Chavan said.
The Congress-NCP combine also plans to arrange a Rs 300,000 loan at a nominal three percent interest for farmers.
The alliance, which is taking on the opposition coalition of the Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state, is hoping for a hat-trick.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today