Congress, NCP releases poll manifesto in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party combine released its manifesto for the October 13 Assembly Elections in Maharashtra on Friday.
Releasing the manifesto, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said, "The manifesto promises to make Mumbai an international financial capital in five years. It also promises to construct a million subsidized homes for the poor.
"For the families in the category of Below Poverty Line (BPL), the two parties would provide special health cards to enable them to avail of medical benefits. They would also get food grains at rupees three per kilogram for up to 25 kilogram per month," he added.
"Giving good health care, good education, especially for women of the state, the girls who would like to go to good schools and colleges, strengthening the women and the girls in this state is an important programme that we have undertaken. Strengthening the police force and security agencies is one of the highlights, giving food grains at subsidised prices and controlling the inflation, if at all in these five essential commodities, are some of the few issues which we have taken in the manifesto," Chavan said.
The Congress-NCP combine also plans to arrange a Rs 300,000 loan at a nominal three percent interest for farmers.
The alliance, which is taking on the opposition coalition of the Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state, is hoping for a hat-trick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli