Congress, NCP releases poll manifesto in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party combine released its manifesto for the October 13 Assembly Elections in Maharashtra on Friday.
Releasing the manifesto, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said, "The manifesto promises to make Mumbai an international financial capital in five years. It also promises to construct a million subsidized homes for the poor.
"For the families in the category of Below Poverty Line (BPL), the two parties would provide special health cards to enable them to avail of medical benefits. They would also get food grains at rupees three per kilogram for up to 25 kilogram per month," he added.
"Giving good health care, good education, especially for women of the state, the girls who would like to go to good schools and colleges, strengthening the women and the girls in this state is an important programme that we have undertaken. Strengthening the police force and security agencies is one of the highlights, giving food grains at subsidised prices and controlling the inflation, if at all in these five essential commodities, are some of the few issues which we have taken in the manifesto," Chavan said.
The Congress-NCP combine also plans to arrange a Rs 300,000 loan at a nominal three percent interest for farmers.
The alliance, which is taking on the opposition coalition of the Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state, is hoping for a hat-trick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days