`Congress not serious on Sutlej Yamuna link canal project`
Sirsa: Haryana Janhit Congress today
alleged that ruling Congress and Indian National Lok Dal were
not putting sincere efforts in constructing the Sutlej Yamuna
link canal and said the two parties have kept the issue alive
for their political gains.
"Neither Indian National Lok Dal nor Congress is
sincere for the construction of the Sutlej Yamuna Link canal.
Both the parties have been keeping the issue alive for their
political benefit," party supremo Kuldeep Bishnoi said here.
The Sutlej Yamuna link canal is a 214-kilometre long
heavy freight canal to connect the Sutlej and Yamuna rivers.
Bishnoi also charged the state and central governments
of failing to ckeck rising prices of essential commodities.
He welcomed the declaration of second language status
to Punjabi in the state.
To a question about the fate of his party`s MLAs who
had defected with Congress after the polls, he said the party
was contemplating to file a petition in the High court to seek
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days