Congress rejects Advani`s contention on Patel banning RSS
New Delhi: The Congress today rejected
BJP leader L K Advani`s statement that Sardar Patel had banned
RSS at Jawaharlal Nehru`s behest.
"BJP leaders have been maintaining so far that Sardar
Patel was an iron man. Now they say he acted under pressure. I
reject the contention that Patel used to work under pressure,"
party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan told reporters here.
Referring to Jaswant Singh`s criticism of Patel and
that he had banned RSS, Advani had today said "Jaswant is
saying only half of what had happened and not the other half.
"One month later, Patel wrote a letter to Nehru saying
that there is not an iota of evidence against RSS," Advani was
quoted as saying by BJP leader Sushma Swaraj.
On whether Jaswant Singh`s book on Jinnah should be
banned, Natarajan said "we have not read the book" but added
"we categorically reject the content of the book as reported
Asked when will the party leaders read the book and
give a clear cut reply on whether it should be banned, the
party spokesperson remarked, "when history is distorted, when
Jinnah is eulogised and other important freedom fighters are
criticised, it does not become the bounden duty of Congress
workers to read the book."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!