Congress rejects Advani`s contention on Patel banning RSS
New Delhi: The Congress today rejected
BJP leader L K Advani`s statement that Sardar Patel had banned
RSS at Jawaharlal Nehru`s behest.
"BJP leaders have been maintaining so far that Sardar
Patel was an iron man. Now they say he acted under pressure. I
reject the contention that Patel used to work under pressure,"
party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan told reporters here.
Referring to Jaswant Singh`s criticism of Patel and
that he had banned RSS, Advani had today said "Jaswant is
saying only half of what had happened and not the other half.
"One month later, Patel wrote a letter to Nehru saying
that there is not an iota of evidence against RSS," Advani was
quoted as saying by BJP leader Sushma Swaraj.
On whether Jaswant Singh`s book on Jinnah should be
banned, Natarajan said "we have not read the book" but added
"we categorically reject the content of the book as reported
Asked when will the party leaders read the book and
give a clear cut reply on whether it should be banned, the
party spokesperson remarked, "when history is distorted, when
Jinnah is eulogised and other important freedom fighters are
criticised, it does not become the bounden duty of Congress
workers to read the book."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users