Congress releases manifesto for Goa Assembly polls
Panaji: Congress today released its election
manifesto for next month`s Assembly polls in Goa, promising up
to 150 units of free electricity and water to the poor if
voted to power in the state.
The manifesto was released by All India Congress
Committee general secretary Oscar Fernandes in the presence of
national and state party leaders.
Congress has also assured to solve the problem of housing
in the state by providing 5,000 flats and row houses through
the Housing Board Corporation in the next five years.
"We will also form a committee of agricultural experts to
survey fallow paddy fields and suggest an action plan to make
it cultivable and fast track courts would be set up to solve
land related disputes," the manifesto said.
The Congress has also promised a slum-free Goa through
rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers.
The party has assured to increase the ceiling of
mediclaim scheme from Rs 1.2 lakh to Rs seven lakh, covering
The Congress f
urther said that it would increase monthly
allowance to senior citizens under Dayanand Niradhar Yojana
from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,500 and every application of widow and
handicapped people would be disposed of within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional