Congress releases manifesto for Goa Assembly polls
Panaji: Congress today released its election
manifesto for next month`s Assembly polls in Goa, promising up
to 150 units of free electricity and water to the poor if
voted to power in the state.
The manifesto was released by All India Congress
Committee general secretary Oscar Fernandes in the presence of
national and state party leaders.
Congress has also assured to solve the problem of housing
in the state by providing 5,000 flats and row houses through
the Housing Board Corporation in the next five years.
"We will also form a committee of agricultural experts to
survey fallow paddy fields and suggest an action plan to make
it cultivable and fast track courts would be set up to solve
land related disputes," the manifesto said.
The Congress has also promised a slum-free Goa through
rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers.
The party has assured to increase the ceiling of
mediclaim scheme from Rs 1.2 lakh to Rs seven lakh, covering
The Congress f
urther said that it would increase monthly
allowance to senior citizens under Dayanand Niradhar Yojana
from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,500 and every application of widow and
handicapped people would be disposed of within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt