Congress resorting to lies and negativeness: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday alleged the state`s opposition Congress was resorting to lies and negativeness out of electoral frustration.
"They are showing advertisement with photograph of a Sri Lankan child. They have stooped so low in telling lies that they do not bother to think if they are defaming Gujarat," Modi said.
Congress had recently issued an advertisement on malnutrition in the state but it featured a picture of a flood victim child in Sri Lanka, causing embarrassment to the party.
"In the last so many years, when Congress has remained out of power in Gujarat, they have kept no stone unturned to defame the state and in the process adopted negativeness and lies," Modi said in a televised address to the audience in 26 assembly constituencies simultaneously.
"They have not allowed the height of Narmada dam to be increased, sent income tax notices to those who are coming to invest in Vibrant Gujarat Investor summits and treated Gujarat as an enemy state," Modi charged.
Tech-savvy Modi scored a first recently when he launched his campaign by addressing rallies in four cities simultaneously using 3D technology. Today, his speech was telecast on screens in 26 constituencies which are going to vote in the first phase of Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door