Congress resorting to lies and negativeness: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday alleged the state`s opposition Congress was resorting to lies and negativeness out of electoral frustration.
"They are showing advertisement with photograph of a Sri Lankan child. They have stooped so low in telling lies that they do not bother to think if they are defaming Gujarat," Modi said.
Congress had recently issued an advertisement on malnutrition in the state but it featured a picture of a flood victim child in Sri Lanka, causing embarrassment to the party.
"In the last so many years, when Congress has remained out of power in Gujarat, they have kept no stone unturned to defame the state and in the process adopted negativeness and lies," Modi said in a televised address to the audience in 26 assembly constituencies simultaneously.
"They have not allowed the height of Narmada dam to be increased, sent income tax notices to those who are coming to invest in Vibrant Gujarat Investor summits and treated Gujarat as an enemy state," Modi charged.
Tech-savvy Modi scored a first recently when he launched his campaign by addressing rallies in four cities simultaneously using 3D technology. Today, his speech was telecast on screens in 26 constituencies which are going to vote in the first phase of Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’