Congress should take Hazare fast seriously: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday urged the UPA government to take seriously social
activist Anna Hazare`s fast-unto-death for enactment of an
anti-corruption bill to give wider powers to the Ombudsman.
"The Congress party and the UPA government should take
this fast seriously and not take it to be merely politically
motivated," Jaitley told reporters here.
"Fighting corruption is a must and the government
should talk to all concerned for bringing up the Lok Pal Bill
in Parliament", the senior BJP leader said.
BJP has itself launched an anti-corruption campaign
"The huge response to Hazare`s fast shows that people
are getting restless on the corruption issue and the
government should respond," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!