Congress should take Hazare fast seriously: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday urged the UPA government to take seriously social
activist Anna Hazare`s fast-unto-death for enactment of an
anti-corruption bill to give wider powers to the Ombudsman.
"The Congress party and the UPA government should take
this fast seriously and not take it to be merely politically
motivated," Jaitley told reporters here.
"Fighting corruption is a must and the government
should talk to all concerned for bringing up the Lok Pal Bill
in Parliament", the senior BJP leader said.
BJP has itself launched an anti-corruption campaign
"The huge response to Hazare`s fast shows that people
are getting restless on the corruption issue and the
government should respond," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video