Congress should take Hazare fast seriously: Jaitley
Guwahati: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday urged the UPA government to take seriously social
activist Anna Hazare`s fast-unto-death for enactment of an
anti-corruption bill to give wider powers to the Ombudsman.
"The Congress party and the UPA government should take
this fast seriously and not take it to be merely politically
motivated," Jaitley told reporters here.
"Fighting corruption is a must and the government
should talk to all concerned for bringing up the Lok Pal Bill
in Parliament", the senior BJP leader said.
BJP has itself launched an anti-corruption campaign
"The huge response to Hazare`s fast shows that people
are getting restless on the corruption issue and the
government should respond," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion