Congress to intensify stir against ransacking of Joshi`s residence
Lucknow: A day after AICC general
secretary and Congress MP from Amethi, Rahul Gandhi trained
guns at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, the Congress
has decided to intensify its protest against ransacking of
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence.
"The party has decided to intensify its ongoing stir and
launch jail bharo during which the Congress workers will court
arrest across the state," UPCC general secretary Subodh
He said that the party agitation would continue till
BSP leaders and workers including MLA Jitendra Singh alias
Babloo and Intizaar Ahmad Abdi are arrested.
"These leaders were responsible for attack and arsoning
at UPCC chief`s house and that they should be arrested is our
main demand," Srivastava said.
Party sources said that the MLAs and MPs have been asked
to mobilise the party workers and take charge of the agitation
in their constituencies and Assembly segments.
Alleging that Joshi was being implicated by the state
government, the party had also demanded withdrawal of cases
lodged against her.
Meanwhile, police had incorporated names of Babloo, MLA
from Bikapur in Faizabad and Abdi, former student union
leader, in the FIR lodged earlier in connection with attack
and arsoning at Joshi`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves