Congress to intensify stir against ransacking of Joshi`s residence
Lucknow: A day after AICC general
secretary and Congress MP from Amethi, Rahul Gandhi trained
guns at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, the Congress
has decided to intensify its protest against ransacking of
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence.
"The party has decided to intensify its ongoing stir and
launch jail bharo during which the Congress workers will court
arrest across the state," UPCC general secretary Subodh
He said that the party agitation would continue till
BSP leaders and workers including MLA Jitendra Singh alias
Babloo and Intizaar Ahmad Abdi are arrested.
"These leaders were responsible for attack and arsoning
at UPCC chief`s house and that they should be arrested is our
main demand," Srivastava said.
Party sources said that the MLAs and MPs have been asked
to mobilise the party workers and take charge of the agitation
in their constituencies and Assembly segments.
Alleging that Joshi was being implicated by the state
government, the party had also demanded withdrawal of cases
lodged against her.
Meanwhile, police had incorporated names of Babloo, MLA
from Bikapur in Faizabad and Abdi, former student union
leader, in the FIR lodged earlier in connection with attack
and arsoning at Joshi`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress