Congress top brass to campaign in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: The Congress on Friday said its top leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi will campaign in poll-bound Gujarat.
"AICC has indicated that Rahul Gandhi, Congress President Soniaji and Prime Minister Manmohan Singhji will give two to three days for campaigning in Gujarat. However, the programme schedule is yet to finalised," AICC secretary and Gujarat in-charge Ashok Tanwar said here.
There had been speculations among party workers here on whether Rahul Gandhi will come to campaign in Gujarat.
Sonia Gandhi had earlier addressed a poll rally in Rajkot.
Meanwhile, the party has decided to organise 20 public meeting over the next two days to give a push to its campaign.
"Ten public meetings will be held in different parts of the state on Saturday, while 10 other meetings will be held on Sunday," Tanwar, also an MP, said.
Those who will be coming to address rallies include Union ministers Anand Sharma, K Rehman Khan, Ajay Maken, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arif Nasim Khan, he said.
Senior Congress leaders Mani Shankar Aiyer, Mukul Wasnik, spokespersons Rashid Alvi, Renuka Chaudhary, Oscar Fernandez, Priya Dutt and Hanumantha Rao will also come to Gujarat.
Gujarat is going to polls in two phases -- on December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information