Congress won where Rahul Gandhi campaigned: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Heaping praises on Congress scion Rahul Gandhi, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Thursday said that all the constituencies of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh where Rahul Gandhi had campaigned have tasted success.
To give a boost to the Congress in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, Rahul Gandhi as well as Congress president Sonia Gandhi had campaigned in the states.
The magic of Gandhis’, however, seemingly failed to impress voters in Gujarat where the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Narendra Modi poised for a hat-trick of wins in the state. The Congress, however, notched power in Himachal Pradesh.
In Gujarat, the BJP was headed for a win in 116 seats, just short of the 117 it won in 2007. The Congress appeared to have improved its tally marginally from 59 last time to 60 this time.
In the hill state of Himachal Pradesh, the BJP`s Prem Kumar Dhumal government prepared to exit office for the Congress that was poised to comfortably win 36 seats in the 68-member Assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?