Constable jailed for throwing teen out of running train
Patna: A constable of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) who threw a 14-year-old boy out of a running train in Bihar was sent to jail Sunday, police said.
Constable Rameshwar Prasad threw Mohammed Shahabuddin out of the running train near Kudhani railway station on the Muzaffarpur-Hajipur section Thursday after he refused to pay Rs 10 as bribe.
"Prasad was sent to jail Sunday," a police officer said.
Prasad was arrested by the police Saturday after he was identified by Shahabuddin during a test identification parade.
"He suddenly shouted `Sir, he is the person` when Prasad was brought before him Saturday night at the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital in Muzaffarpur. Shahabuddin was undergoing treatment in that hospital," Superintendent of Police (Railway) Amit Lodha said.
Shahabuddin, who made a living by selling eatables on trains, lost one of his legs in the incident.
According to police, a group of RPF constables were reportedly extorting money from vendors selling eatables on the Gawalior-Barauni Express train Thursday. "When Shahabuddin offered Rs 5 instead of the Rs 10 demanded from him, policemen beat him up and threw him from the running train," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi