Construction row: Goa panchayat clears Haryana CM’s name
Panaji: A local panchayat has cleared the
name of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in a
controversy relating to a structure at a village 25 km from
Assagao Sarpanch Prakash Naik said they verified all
documents after some locals had claimed that the structure was
illegal and found out that it is owned by Satori
He said there were no illegalities and certain sections
of local people had unnecessarily raised a controversy during
a gram sabha meeting.
"I don`t know how Hooda`s name appeared in the
controversy. I was surprised to see Hooda`s name being carried
in a local newspaper today in connection with the
controversy," Naik said.
He said if any one wanted relevant details on the
construction, "I can give them under the Right to Information
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday