Contador denies report he might quit the Tour
Aurillac: Alberto Contador dismissed a report suggesting the three-times champion could be about to quit the Tour de France because of a knee problem.
The 28-year-old Spaniard has been suffering from inflammation of his right knee after crashing twice since the start of the Tour, prompting French daily L`Equipe to report that he could leave the race in the Pyrenees.
"The idea (of pulling out) did not even cross my mind," Contador, who has been nursing the injury with a lot of ice, told reporters before the 10th stage on Tuesday.
"Go home? Yes, but not before the end of the Tour. I will do everything I can to reach Paris as the winner. I feel actually better."
Contador lies 16th in the overall standings, 4 minutes and seven seconds behind Thomas Voeckler of France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read