Contador denies report he might quit the Tour
Aurillac: Alberto Contador dismissed a report suggesting the three-times champion could be about to quit the Tour de France because of a knee problem.
The 28-year-old Spaniard has been suffering from inflammation of his right knee after crashing twice since the start of the Tour, prompting French daily L`Equipe to report that he could leave the race in the Pyrenees.
"The idea (of pulling out) did not even cross my mind," Contador, who has been nursing the injury with a lot of ice, told reporters before the 10th stage on Tuesday.
"Go home? Yes, but not before the end of the Tour. I will do everything I can to reach Paris as the winner. I feel actually better."
Contador lies 16th in the overall standings, 4 minutes and seven seconds behind Thomas Voeckler of France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch