Contador denies report he might quit the Tour
Aurillac: Alberto Contador dismissed a report suggesting the three-times champion could be about to quit the Tour de France because of a knee problem.
The 28-year-old Spaniard has been suffering from inflammation of his right knee after crashing twice since the start of the Tour, prompting French daily L`Equipe to report that he could leave the race in the Pyrenees.
"The idea (of pulling out) did not even cross my mind," Contador, who has been nursing the injury with a lot of ice, told reporters before the 10th stage on Tuesday.
"Go home? Yes, but not before the end of the Tour. I will do everything I can to reach Paris as the winner. I feel actually better."
Contador lies 16th in the overall standings, 4 minutes and seven seconds behind Thomas Voeckler of France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today