Contador repeats threat to quit if punished
Madrid: Tour de France champion Alberto Contador has reiterated his threat to quit cycling if he is punished over a failed doping test.
"It`s early to say it right now... but I cannot assure you that I would continue," the three-times Tour winner said in an interview with Spanish television on Thursday.
The 27-year-old has blamed meat bought in Spain and eaten on the 2010 Tour`s second rest day for the traces of the banned substance clenbuterol found in his urine sample.
He has been provisionally suspended by the International Cycling Union (UCI), faces a possible two-year ban and could lose his 2010 Tour title.
He repeated his innocence on Thursday and added that he hoped for a decision from the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) on his fate before the end of the year.
"I have not doubted even for a single second because at no time did I do anything irregular," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video