Corinthians bid shocking £ 36 million for Tevez
London: Brazilian club Corinthians has joined the race to sign Carlos Tevez, making a 36 million pound shock bid for the ace Argentine striker.
Tevez, 27, wants to quit Manchester City to be nearer his family back home. But it had been thought that no South American club would be able to afford him.
However, his former team Corinthians is putting their money on the table and now the way is open for Tevez to get the transfer he wants, a leading daily reported.
“We think this will appeal to Carlos enormously. He’s always said there are only two South American clubs he could play for - Corinthians or Boca Juniors,” a Brazilian source said.
“He’s already won everything there is to win in Europe - this is his chance to enjoy a hero’s return to South America,” the source added.
Corinthians pounced to sign Tevez from Boca Juniors for 13.5 million pounds in 2005.
But he quit to join West Ham in August 2006 in a controversial switch which led to new rules over third-party ownership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India