Corinthians finally offer Man City £ 35 million
London: Manchester City have been told by the Corinthians that they can only offer 35 million pounds for skipper and Argentine star Carlos Tevez.
Eastlands chiefs, who believe that Tevez is worth 50 million pounds, rejected the Brazilian club’s offer on Tuesday.
Italian clubs Inter-Milan and A C Milan are believed to be monitoring the situation.
A daily quoted Corinthians president Andres Sanchez, as saying: "If we haven`t closed the deal by Sunday it won`t happen this year. Tevez has agreed a four-year contract on a reduced salary because it`s his desire to come back.”
"If City want £50m then he will stay in England. Corinthians are not going to improve the offer," he added.
Argentinian star Tevez said: "An offer has arrived from Corinthians and I would have no problem returning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'