Court bans disclosure of Kalmadi`s health
New Delhi: The Tihar Jail authorities as well various city hospitals, where sacked Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi was medically examined recently, were asked by a Delhi court not to make public his medical condition.
"Jail Superintendent and other officials of jail (Tihar), the Medical Superintendent of LNJP Hospital and the Director of AIIMS are directed not to divulge any detail of the medical condition or information regarding medical records of accused Suresh Kalmadi to any media, whether electronic or print," Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh said.
The judge also asked Kalmadi not to speak to the media. The court passed the order after Kalmadi`s counsel told the court that "the medical reports (of Kalmadi) are supposed to be confidential and even before they are submitted in the court or we get to see them, they are being spoken about by the jail authorities to the media."
The judge, while directing jail and hospital authorities to exercise restraint, also directed Kalmadi not to brief the media as he told his counsel that "they (jail and hospital authorities) are government officials and have no choice but to obey my orders but you make sure your client does not brief the media himself."
On his visit to the AIIMS on July 28, Kalmadi had dismissed all reports of his being unwell and had said his condition was "all right" and all that is being heard about him "is wrong".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry