Court issues NBW against Karnataka Minister
Bellary(KTK): Taking exception to the failure
by Karnataka Minister for Health B Sreeramulu to appear before
it in connection with criminal cases filed against him, a
local court here today issued another non-bailable warrant and
directed him to be present on August 24.
JMFC Magistrate Sarvarmangala Chikkangoudar, who had
issued a NBW against Sreeramulu on August 14, directed that
the minister appear before the court on August 24 while
issuing another warrant.
Sreeramulu has been facing charges of violation of
model code of conduct during the 2008 assembly election.
Patil Siddareddy, the counsel for Sreeramulu, pleaded the
court that his client could not be present today as he was
pre-occupied with a meeting being held in Bangalore in
tackling swine flu and he be granted bail.
Advocate for the Election Commission, Sheikh Rafiq
opposed the bail plea of Sreeramulu.
The EC has been opposing the BJP government decision to
withdraw cases against Sreeramulu and G Somashekhara Reddy,
Reddy, one of the accused facing similar charges, against
whom the court has issued a NBW on August 14, however appeared
before it on August 20 and secured bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29