CPI-M calls West Bengal Governor `partisan`
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Sunday branded West Bengal
Governor Gopal Krishna Gandhi as "partisan", two days after
the party-led Left Front questioned his "neutrality" when he
criticised the post-poll violence in the state.
"He is not impartial enough. He is partisan," CPI(M)
Central Committee member and state president of CITU Shyamal
Chakraborty told reporters when asked to comment on Gandhi`s
statement advising the state government to act rapidly in
bringing the perpetrators of crime to book.
Following Gandhi`s August 6 statement, the Left Front, in
a statement the next day, had criticised the Governor for what
it described as his "lack of neutrality".
Recalling that in 2007 Gandhi had said that Nandigram
had been "recaptured" by the CPI(M), Chakraborty alleged that
the Governor remained silent on the events during the
preceding 11 months when Trinamool Congress-led Bhumi Ucched
Pratirodh Committee activists, along with Maoists, had killed
and evicted CPI(M) workers, besides burning police jeeps.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!