CPI seeks ten day Assembly session in Puducherry
Puducherry: CPI`s Puducherry unit has appealed to
the Speaker to ensure that the coming winter session of the Assembly is held at least for 10 days instead of a short term.
The winter session scheduled to commence on October 27
would be held for two days, according to official sources.
Talking to newsmen here, CPI national council member
R.Viswanathan, MLA, Viswanathan said several issues including
the recent alleged bid by a gang of persons to illegally
transport Sri Lankan Tamil refugues from here to distant
locations had to be discussed to know the actual situation.
Law and order was in a shambles, he alleged and hence a
short session would not be of help to ascertain the steps the
government had taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan