CPI seeks ten day Assembly session in Puducherry
Puducherry: CPI`s Puducherry unit has appealed to
the Speaker to ensure that the coming winter session of the Assembly is held at least for 10 days instead of a short term.
The winter session scheduled to commence on October 27
would be held for two days, according to official sources.
Talking to newsmen here, CPI national council member
R.Viswanathan, MLA, Viswanathan said several issues including
the recent alleged bid by a gang of persons to illegally
transport Sri Lankan Tamil refugues from here to distant
locations had to be discussed to know the actual situation.
Law and order was in a shambles, he alleged and hence a
short session would not be of help to ascertain the steps the
government had taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof