CPI seeks ten day Assembly session in Puducherry
Puducherry: CPI`s Puducherry unit has appealed to
the Speaker to ensure that the coming winter session of the Assembly is held at least for 10 days instead of a short term.
The winter session scheduled to commence on October 27
would be held for two days, according to official sources.
Talking to newsmen here, CPI national council member
R.Viswanathan, MLA, Viswanathan said several issues including
the recent alleged bid by a gang of persons to illegally
transport Sri Lankan Tamil refugues from here to distant
locations had to be discussed to know the actual situation.
Law and order was in a shambles, he alleged and hence a
short session would not be of help to ascertain the steps the
government had taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand