CPI seeks ten day Assembly session in Puducherry
Puducherry: CPI`s Puducherry unit has appealed to
the Speaker to ensure that the coming winter session of the Assembly is held at least for 10 days instead of a short term.
The winter session scheduled to commence on October 27
would be held for two days, according to official sources.
Talking to newsmen here, CPI national council member
R.Viswanathan, MLA, Viswanathan said several issues including
the recent alleged bid by a gang of persons to illegally
transport Sri Lankan Tamil refugues from here to distant
locations had to be discussed to know the actual situation.
Law and order was in a shambles, he alleged and hence a
short session would not be of help to ascertain the steps the
government had taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet